"Liposuction alternatives are cosmetic techniques for body contouring and fat removal. They are touted as safer ways to eliminate unwanted pockets of body fat, because they don't involve needles, surgery or anesthesia and are said to have few side effects.
They're meant for people who are generally fit but who have pockets of fat that diet and exercise haven't eliminated. You can resume normal activities immediately after either procedure."- Dr. Kenneth G. Barge, Mayo Clinic Emeritus Internist
Is The Procedure Safe?
- Ultrasound Cavitation is absolutely safe. While it has only recently been introduced in the U.S., this procedure has been in use all over the world since 2005 and well over 100,000 people have been safely and successfully treated with ultrasonic cavitation in over 50 countries over the past 9 years. Prior to 2011, only the well to do and celebrities could afford to travel to Europe to use this revolutionary new procedure to maintain and improve their appearance. Since it's introduction, here in the United States, it is still only offered on a limited basis, due to the high cost and limited availability of the advanced ultrasound cavitation equipment, required for the treatment.
What is Ultrasonic Body Contouring? What can I expect?
- Ultrasound Cavitation is a new, revolutionary fat removal technique that has been used in over 50 countries world wide and does NOT involve surgery - since it is painless, there is no need for anesthesia, any hospital stay or time off work. Ultrasound Cavitation causes microscopic air bubbles to surround the lipocyte (fat cell) membranes and with its resonant frequency, the bubbles cause create high pressure that causes the fat cells to break up instantly. The broken lipocytes are then removed to the liver and safely metabolized out of the body which is assisted by drinking plenty of water. It produces lipolysis of fatty acids from adipocytes (fat-laden cells) due to a phenomenon known as stable cavitation, and increased cell permeability of the adipocytes. You get an increased flow of triglycerides. Furthermore, there is a breakdown of the fibers through mechanical action (jet stream). Finally, some content of adipocytes are metabolized by the liver and eliminated in the urine, so its always recommended to increase your hydration both the day of treatment and subsequent days. The procedure works to remove superficial fat and fat accumulation that is non-volumetric. Greater results will be noticed after six to twelve treatments.
The most problematic body areas are?
- Abdomen, - Flanks (love handles) - Thighs (saddle bags) - Buttocks, - Face (chin and cheeks) Upper arms. Waist (love handles) Back (bra line) Thighs (inner and outer) Hips (saddle bags) Face (chin and cheeks) Knees, Arms (back of arms) Ankles.
How many sessions are needed to see results?
- With the first session, you will decrease your measurements. Research has shown that most patients require 6-12 sessions to achieve optimal results over their entire body. This will depend on the size of the area to be treated and the desired result.
How often can you perform Liposculpture Ultrasound Cavitation Therapy?
- Ultrasound Cavitation therapy can be safely performed up to 2 times per week, with 3 days between each procedure.
Why is Ultrasound Cavitation is different from other treatments?
- Ultrasound cavitation is the most effective treatment for cellulite and fat reduction. Studies show that traditional liposuction does not treat cellulite.In fact, ordinary liposuction causes existing cellulite to appear more prominent. Ultrasound cavitation treats cellulite directly as well as the accumulation of fat, promoting smoother skin and reducing fat in selected areas. Ultrasound cavitation does not require hospitalization, anesthesia, needles, or any recovery time.
What I can expect during my first procedure?
- A Full Assessment, we will conduct several measurements, take pictures, do the first 30 minute procedure and give you an in depth explanation of treatment options.
Who is not a good candidate?
- If you are pregnant, have cancer, heart disease, or coronary artery dysfunction of the heart. Or if you have arrhythmia's or irregular heart rhythm, have a pacemaker, or have Grade III obesity. If you have any of these conditions treatments are not recommended.
Are the results long-term?
- The results are maintained, especially when combined with exercise and proper nutrition. However, we cannot stop the natural aging that affects your appearance. For this reason, we recommend maintenance visits.
What guidelines should I follow with Ultrasound Cavitation?
- A low calorie diet is recommended and it is necessary to drink at least 1.5 liters of water before and after each treatment in order to eliminate the dissolved fat. Prior to the start of your Ultrasonic Body Contouring Treatments, please avoid eating breads, rice, alcohol and sodas. Massage the treated area to stimulate the dispersion of the contents of the eliminated fat cells. Lastly, spend approximately 30 minutes of mild exercise of your choice to increase your metabolic rate to aid in the elimination of the liquified fat. Ultrasound is a non-invasive method of reducing localized fat using ultrasound and radio frequency, which also has the benefit of skin tightening. The ultrasonic waves vibrate and break up the fat cells, which are then liquefied and eliminated through the lymphatic and urinary system.
What results can I expect with Ultrasound Cavitation?
- Although this method of fat reduction can help to speed up the weight loss process when done in conjunction with diet and exercise. Ultrasound Cavitation is used for body shaping, to reduce those stubborn fatty areas that don't seem to budge regardless of diet or exercise. It is also used for wrinkle reduction and skin tightening.
What are the contraindications with Ultrasound Cavitation?
- Individuals with cardiac and vascular diseases, pacemakers, and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid this treatment. Your personal physician's certification may be required with certain individuals. Women experiencing their period should skip treatments during that time of the month
What is ultrasound cavitation?
- It is a relatively new non surgical technique that allows the reduction of localized fat, breaking the bonds that form the fat cell, which your body will naturally dispose of.
There has been an error.
We apologize for any inconvenience, please return to the home page or use the search form below.